Taber’s COVID-19 Response
Taber’s Products Inc. has been operating since 1936. We have seen our share of ups and downs since grandfather founded the business. We want to reassure our customers we are still in business and manufacturing high quality products and shipping “On time, Every time”.
Concerning the current health crisis, we want to assure our customers and employees we are taking COVID-19 very seriously.
Taber’s Products is striving to set standards even higher by increasing safety of “health issues” with our employees, raw materials, mail and packages entering the facility as well as items shipped to our customers. We have enacted several changes and we plan to adapt to the quickly changing health situation as needed.
What we have done so far:
- Allowed some employees to work remotely reducing the potential exposure to them and the remaining staff.
- Reduced traffic between buildings and strive to keep every unit separated.
- Rearranged office spaces to give maximum separation.
- Established a quarantine area for inbound freight, where it sits undisturbed as long as possible. This limits exposure and allows any virus to die before employees handle the materials.
- Increased stock levels which will allow finished product being shipped to customers, to be free of exposure by our employees, prior to Shipment.
- Increased cleaning and disinfectant usage in the business.
- Placed hand sanitizer stations throughout the facility giving employees and visitors the opportunity to stay safe.
- Established strict rules for visitors and truck drivers, giving them the opportunity to stay safe and keeping our employees safe at the same time.
- Posted reminders about proper hand washing.
- Posted the new procedures for all employees to follow, throughout the facility.
- Canceled all in person meetings and are using video and phone systems to conference for business meetings.
We continue to stay informed with the CDC and other health authorities to ensure we adjust as needed to this health crisis. We are adjusting our procedures and practices as needed to keep our employees and customers safe, while continuing to supply quality products “On time, Every Time”.